Quick Start Overview
There is a presentation on how to create your own hibernate objects, create services that are using the hibernate objects, expose the results of the services as JSON and finally configure Ext J.S forms and grids that are consuming those services.
The following image presents a simple layout with some features offered by Sencha (Ext J.S) and extensions libraries created mainly by Saki. The presentation components are 3rd party components that have not been developed by Jprovocateur team.
Jprovocateur offers an easy way to configure those frontend components, the integration with the services layer, the Hibernate GenericDAO to query the database without SQL OR HQL or Criteria plus the automatic transformation of the results to JSON and the binding to the frontend components.
- Paging : On the form xml configuration define that paging=true and the number of records per page and your form has server side paging, no changes on the services required
- Sorting (ServerSide/ClientSide) : By default all columns have sorting, just define if you want to be serverside or clientside
- Filters: each column can have filters. You can define if the filters will run serverside or clientside without making any change on your services
- Grouping: define gird xml configuration which field should be used for grouping
- Row Buttons: add easily grid buttons
- Bottom Bar Buttons:
- Print this Grid: Print the grid as it looks(Including details)
- Export to Excel this Grid: Export the Grid on Excel (detail grids included). In the future the user will be able to define the css for the layout
- Personalized settings on the database(configure the grid as you like). Users can configure the layout as they like and those settings will be saved in the database
These are some basic features on the grids. One feature that is missing here are the embedded grids that you can see on the demo application demo application (username:guest password:guest) . To find out how easy this grid was developed click here.
Simple Screen for View/Create/Update/Delete
The following input view is configured again with xml only
- Detail Grid. A view can have multiple detail grids. The service layer is responsible to create/update/delete the detail records on the database.
- Drop down with dynamic values. The values are coming from the database e.g the country dropdown is using the same service as the previous list grid
- Static Dopdown. User can configure static values
Other features that are not presented here are
- Error Handling on the services layer. Service layer can throw an error and it will be presented on the field or on a cell in a detail grid
- Error Handling on the frontend layer. User can configure front end validators
- The form is a popup but can become a separate page.
- Fields are configured in lines, user defines fields and then the line that they belong.
To view this pop up click www.jprovocateur.org/sampleweb/view/listCustomers (guest/guest) then click on the button Update Service next to a client record. To find out how easy this form was developed click here.